Visa Information

Our partner immigration lawyers will provide advice and aid every step of your way to Australia during your stay in Australia.

There are a number of different visas available to study in Australia. This will vary depending on the level of study you wish to complete by the end of your time in Australia. Under a student visa you can work up to 20hours per week and also may be eligible for work for a number of years post-graduation from higher education.

 Some other visas unrelated to study include:

  • Family stream – you will need to be sponsored by parents (who are Australian citizens or PR).
  • ‘Remaining relative visa’ – is applicable only if most of your family members are in Australia and hold a Permanent Residence or citizenship.
  •  Employer Stream- If you are offered full time work by an employer in Australia (sponsored by employer) and you have the relevant work experience/skills for the occupation that they seek to sponsor you in, then it may be a good idea to seek advice regarding an employer sponsorship visa.
  •  Skilled Independent – If you have studied for at least 2 years in Australia.

The table to the right shows the most common visas and how they differ in study, work, travel and cost.

For more information see:

  • Studying in Australia at
  • Australia’s migration policy at
  • Student visa information at